On Tuesday 27 December 2011 17:27:48 Bill Hart wrote:
> In my FFT I make use of mpn_sumdiff_n and mpn_addsub_n. It seems these
> are not exported even though there are generic C versions.
>
> Also, I see there is no sumdiff_n.as on core2 style machines. Is it
> possible to include mpn_sumdiff_n.c in the library on such machines so
> that it is included unconditionally for all machines?

we would still have the other arches to do ie power,arm etc ,to make it
unconditional addsub needs to allocate some tmp space ,I suppose we could split
the addsub it to various overlap cases  this may be possible , but for sumdiff
I dont think it is

> Is there a reason to not have an assembly optimised version for core2?

I havent found one for core2 or sandybridge which is faster than a separate add
and sub