For some weeks now I have had an early version of an MPIR for WIndows x64
in which the GMP/MPIR integer interface (the ui/si functions) uses 64-bit
integers rather than the 32-bit longs that would normally be used.  This
version is available in the mpir-exp branch of the MPIR subversion
repository.

If this capability is to find its way into the next release of MPIR, it is
important that it is well tested as it involves significant changes.   I am
grateful to those who have tried it and reported their results as this has
allowed me to find and clear several issues.  But we now need more testing
and I am hence appealing for people who use the Windows x64 platform to
give it a try and report their experiences here.

We also need MPIR users on other platforms to check whether the changes
needed in this new version have caused any issues on the platforms that
they use.

This has been a significant effort so I am asking for your help now to
ensure that the effort proves to be worthwhile.

   with my best regards,