Hi all,

I have had on my todo list for months, "Read Bodrato's papers and send
the link to MPIR". This relates to the paper Marco wrote about his
Toom algorithms which are used in (GMP and) MPIR.

The paper is "High degree Toom'n'half for balanced and unbalanced
multiplication", which you can find details of on his website:
http://bodrato.it/papers/

Marco wrote the code too, which is also on his website.

My intention here was to read the paper and then suggest that we put a
reference to it on the MPIR website, since he was kind enough to
notify me about the preprint. In the mean time the paper has been
published and we really ought to put a reference in the MPIR
documentation. Alas, I have not even yet found time to read the paper!
But I want to get this item off my todo list, so I am mentioning it
here in the hopes that someone else might be able to volunteer to
update the documentation and Jason might be able to update the
website.