So what's the motivation for refusing to build MPIR with gcc-4.3.2?

The configure script essentially just says "it's broken" without
specifying how or why.  I have built MPIR with gcc-4.3.2 on a GNU/Linux
x86_64 system with -march=nocona and built gcc with that MPIR and I had
no problems at all.

gcc-4.3.2 fails MPIR's make check on x64 , I think it's the reuse test , I
suppose we should write a proper test so patched gcc's will work , but I'm not
at all sure what part of gcc is broken as we can't use the reuse test itself as
it needs MPIR to be built first. Note GMP is also broken on gcc-4.3.2

Jason