On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 09:14:51 +0100
Jason Moxham <ja...@thecodecavern.co.uk> wrote:

> This is based on the 2.5.1 branch

Thanks Jason, I have just downloaded it and saw that it is a minor
evolution of 2.5.1.

I assume that when 2.5.1 was branched from trunk, it worked on MSVC.

So what matters are any post release patches for 2.5.1 and any
2.5.1 to 2.5.2 changes.

The only one I am aware of that caused an MSVC change in trunk was the
addition of mpn_redc_2 and, checking the 2.5.2 branch, I find that this
is not being built in the MSVC build (which presumably means that it is
not built in 2.5.1 either).

I can't recall other MSVC issues but trunk is now very different so
its hard to be certain about this as there are too many changes when
comparing trunk with 2.5.2. This hence makes a rapid review difficult.

So I will now update the 2.5.1 branch to add redc_2 to the MSVC build.