On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:29:03 AM UTC+2, Fredrik Johansson wrote:

> I found that I could get the right versions by compiling code with
> -lflint -lmpir and not the other way around, but I'm not sure if this
> is reliable.

Just a remark.
As far as I understand, this is the correct order because FLINT depends on
MPIR.
On systems such as Cygwin ld will miserably fail if you do not feed it with
libs in the correct ordrer, because it does not perform multiple passes to
resolve all symbols.

So at least your solution is not too hackish :) (just kidding)