On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:26:53 +0100
Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I can imagine there being a kind of p-adic algorithm for this. Could
> this be what Burcin is referring to? I am not aware of references for
> such an algorithm though. Perhaps individuals on either list have
> more information about this.

I meant simply changing the existing code so that it works with ulong
extras or the representation used by nmod_vec. (Is there a separate
nmod struct?) This just needs to be an exercise to demonstrate basic
coding and git skills. :)

Rational function reconstruction would definitely be more interesting,
but does flint have a data structure for F_p(x) or Q(x)? Passing around
two nmod_poly's or fmpz_poly's is also OK of course.

BTW, if there is time left in this project, vector rational
reconstruction would be great to have as well:

https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/~astorjoh/issac11ratrecon.pdf

Cheers,
Burcin