Hi Peter,

Can you tell us what processor you have, e.g.

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Also, what does the following yield in the top level mpir directory:

./config.guess

Also what version of GCC do you have:

gcc -v

The bug you are reporting seems to be new. I'm don't recall seeing it
before.

The output you are getting seems to imply that either the compiler is
compiling for the wrong cpu or the wrong assembly code is chosen somehow.
Anyhow, with the above additional information we can hopefully track down
the problem for you.

Also, are you using a virtual machine?

Bill.