Hi all,

I just had to build MPIR on MinGW64. Here are the approximate steps I had
to go through, in case anyone else is trying the same thing:

unzip mingw64 somewhere (no spaces in path, e.g. in c:\mingw64)

put c:\ming64\bin in windows PATH environment variable (make sure no other
cygwin or mingw in path)

install msys (no spaces in path, e.g. in c:\msys)

put c:\msys\bin in windows PATH environment variable

copy ming64/bin/gcc.exe to mingw64/bin/cc.exe

run msys

./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-gmp-compat

make