Hi all,

I've now added the divide-and-conquer bignum division algorithm to my paper
and added a table of timings, showing a speedup of up to 22%.

I'm aware there's still no abstract and the references are still a sketch,
but all comments on the rest of the paper are welcome before Feb 20.

It's available here:

http://selmer.warwick.ac.uk/bignumdiv.pdfhttp://selmer.warwick.ac.uk/bignumdiv.pdf

The final version will be rearranged, with proofs in the appendix as per CS
style, in order to meet page limits.

Assuming there are no errors in my proof, the algorithm as implemented in
MPIR seems to be correct. So we can release the code with the next MPIR
release.