I think that the flag should be passed in by the build system, which means
flint will probably have to fix this.

However, perhaps there's another workaround worth considering, namely to
check if INTMAX_MAX is defined. If not, then exclude the intmax code in
that instance too, since we cannot be sure it will work.

Now recent autotools may even have a config.h flag to tell whether
INTMAX_MAX is defined. We could check that.

Bill.