Hi all,

We have released MPIR-2.7.1 to fix some rare bugs and a few other issues:

* Fix bug in Karatsuba assembly code on Windows
* Fix bug in basecase division code
* Add some missing information in AUTHORS
* Travis continuous integration
* Add building of tests to command line build for Windows
* Improved Windows MSVC build

We recommend everyone update due to the critical bug fixes.

Note that any previous patches for the basecase division bug, including
those reported to the Sage project [1], are no longer needed and should be
removed.

Build/test reports welcome.

Note, we are now in a position to start moving towards a 2.8.0 release,
which at a minimum will merge JP's mulmod port from the GMP project and
bring the MPIR interface into line with GMP 6.0.0 and 6.1.0.

However, I will not personally be available to work on a new release until
mid-February at the earliest due to many time critical things happening
right now where I work.

If someone would like to volunteer to take over the 2.8.0 release process,
we'd be happy to have someone do that. We can easily give access to our
development server if needed.

We hope to hire someone starting March next year who might be able to help
us with releases. However, so far no applications have been received for
the position [2].

Bill and Brian.

[1] http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19280
[2] http://opendreamkit.org/2015/07/01/developer-position2-kaiserslautern/