I have a lot of old cruft in the folders, since I have tried the build a few
times in the past.
So I deleted the entire flint hierarchy and I am trying again to see if I get
different results from a fresh pull.

From: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com [mailto:mpir-devel@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:08 PM
To: mpir-devel <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Cc: hart...@yahoo.com; fredrik.johans...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Open source high precision math tools built under 64
bit Windows operating systems state of the union

It's not on the download page.

It looks like only 2.5.1 is available at this URL:

http://flintlib.org/flint-2.5.1.tgz

But this won't help as the test and associated function that are causing the
failure you reported were added between 2.4.5 and 2.5.1. So you will have to go
back to 2.4.5 to get a working version presumably.

Having said that, 2.5.0 should have passed, and I don't think these were added
in 2.5.1, so it's strange that it is failing for you. It could be a
miscompilation. I did have a report that it fails on MIPS64 and after staring
at it for a long time I wasn't able to determine why. I suspect a bug in some
version of gcc at this point. I did fix a bug for this function when built
against GMP and not MPIR, but this fix is already in trunk. This seemed to fix
the problem for MIPS, but then a number of issues vanished there mysteriously
upon recompilation. I also valgrinded the test and did lots of other testing to
try and find a real bug in the function but came up with nothing.