Looking back over several decades of community involvement, I must say that
the mpls-issues forum stands very tall indeed for making quality discussion
available in a timely way. No need to indulge in flashbacks: we have a
quantum leap in interconnection in our digital hands.

I sat near the editor and the mpls-issues list manager/SJ columnist last
evening at the Tenth-Ward candidate forum. They're real people! And of
course they have real opinions! They live in and think about their personal
and professional associations just like the rest of us. In a slower world,
they might be interviewed on a radio station, say, or sit on a panel on
Almanac. In a still slower world, they might write a political pamphlet and
have it hawked for a penny a copy in the town square. Or sent around by
horse at four miles an hour.

Instead, excuuuuse our collective digital dust! Ain't it grand. Too bad I
can't be banging this out on a public terminal in the lobby of my highrise.

Fred Markus Horn Terrace Ward Ten