Dear Fellow Minneapolis Citizens:
The process for neighborhood groups to come into compliance with state laws
is for them to have by-law changes go before their membership bodies that
will bring them into compliance. True, some state laws do take precedence
over organization by-laws. However, the situation at the V V meeting is not
one of them. After observing the meeting in person and viewing a video tape
of the meeting later, I can only conclude that the meeting was illegal. This
situation should not go unnoticed. Those responsible for the actions taken at
the meeting should be held accountable and hopefully will. I think that it is
time to stop going back and forth about it, the video speaks for itself. Will
V V be sued for its actions? What of the claim that Mr. Miller (NRP) was a
part of the actions. Will our city officials see the hampering of legal
voters as an issue to deal with? Will not these same citizens soon be voting
for some city official offices? What will current city officials in office do
when confronted with a video tape of an illegal meeting that shows Racal
divide within one of its communities? Will we once again hear" this is not a
race issue?" I wonder how often the citizens in Ohio heard that! I know that
I have heard it enough in the city of Minneapolis to know that there is a
race issue that includes a number of different races. Will our city officials
that control everything in the city actually do something about our race
issues and this illegal meeting? When will we as citizens of this city hold
those in control accountable for their actions and neglect of the Racal
divide in the city? Or has it been determined that it is cheeper to pay
individuals one by one that have enough fight in them to sue the city. Time
will only tell.

Zack