Glad you brought this up Dean: ;-)
"when putting together an event like the 4th of July
celebration in
Powderhorn Park, a team will be assembled including people
from Recreation,
Maintenance, Permits, and Police.  Such team work would just
not be possible
if the PB had to work with police that were not under its
control."

It has been my experience, especially from last year, that
there was absolutely no policing of this event.  I didn't
see the effectiveness of this "team."   The crowd was out of
control in many cases including all the drinking, drugs,
illegal fireworks, and rowdiness of post exiting.  I would
love to attend this event again with my children, but will
not unless there are some assurances by the Park Board that
this event will be better policed.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Russ Peterson
St. Michael

            Russell W. Peterson, RA, CID
                           Founder
R  U S S E L L   P E T E R S O N   D E S I G N
Architecture / Interior Design / Strategic Planning

   "You can only fly if you stretch your wings."

         Metro Minneapolis - Saint Michael

     13715 Forty-Seventh Street Northeast
          Saint Michael, Minnesota 55376

             (763) 497-1003 phone & fax