Responding to David Brauer:

    For me the question of whether the next Mayor of Minneapolis sends
his or her kids to public or private school is  a  practical matter . I
expect the Mayor to be a booster of the Public Schools . Here are a few
situations where I think it would matter a great deal whether the Mayor
had his or her kids in Private Schools:

If a company that was thinking of moving to Minneapolis asked the
Mayor's opinion of the Public Schools. (Businesses often consider the
quality of the public schools when they choose to invest or relocate.)

In the event of a tragedy at a Public School.

If there was a teacher's strike.

Court-ordered desegregation.

    I think it would be very unfair to  a candidate and his or her
family to pretend we don't care what school he or she's chosen for their
kids and allow the matter to surface later on in the campaign when it's
obvious many people have very strong opinions about the subject.

                                                                    Ken
Avidor

Kingfield

[EMAIL PROTECTED]