Thanks Tim for your post.  I've also gotten a few
explanations offline - some from informative lurkers.  Thank
you all.  What I'm starting to see is that homeowners are
getting upset about the amount of subsidy going to
commercial projects through TIF which results in an increase
in residential tax burden for schools.  And if a community
is growing and TIF is used there is a likely hood that the
growth in school can outpace the growth in tax base causing
schools to continue to go after referendum for financing,
especially if the State reduces it's share of school
funding.  Looks like a big problem brewing for growing
communities.

Russ Peterson
former Standishite
[EMAIL PROTECTED]