This drop out statistic for MPS is about more than MPS.  We
have systematically decreased social services over the past
two decades, reduced accessibility to higher education),
have not provided enough affordable housing, and many of our
HMO's won't even pay for mental health care.  So without
support systems for families, higher education, affordable
housing or good healthcare - how are we to expect that
marginal families will survive in our schools?  It's time to
get off the surface solution and delve deeper into the real
problems behind the statistics.

Russ Peterson
former Standishite