Ken is the most accurate in his recollection about what the mayoral
candidates said about reparations at the Green Party endorsement
convention.  Lisa McDonald is the one who said she read the book, and
would support the concept of reparations.  She noted that since the book
did not provide specific proposals, it was not yet necessary to address
the costs.  Lisa's response followed RT, who stated that he could not
take a position on reparations without first knowing the cost. (He
refused to either support or oppose it on principle, to the frustration
of the questioner and at least a few others of us in the audience).
Lisa definitely had the more informed and thoughtful position on this
matter, although as her response implicitly acknolwedged, it is easier
to support a proposal in theory.  It is frankly bothersome that a couple
of previous posters seem to base their recollection on candidate
preference rather than reality.

I also think that Ken's analysis of the merits of reparations is
succinctly right on target.

Jordan Kushner
Powderhorn