This point has been referenced earlier, but I see a
need for it to be spelled out:

Republicans are in the majority in the House.  We in
Minneapolis did not elect a single one of them.  These
folks try to do what their constituents will like, so
they can preserve their seat.

Why WOULD they be chomping at the bit to do things
which specifically benefit Minneapolis?  They are
politicians... not a bunch of Saints.

As (I think it was) Karen Collier pointed out, there
has been no effort by the powers that be in Mpls to
sway Republican leadership.

The House Republicans are not "hateful," "spiteful,"
"mean-spirited," or "anti-Minneapolis."  They are
simply politicians.  Come on guys, they taught these
principles in Junior High civics class.

Please, let's stop the whining and the name-calling,
and instead ask ourselves how we can affect a change
of view at the capital.

Connie Sheppard
Ward 6 - Ventura Village