I agree with others that RT Ryback does an excellent job at responding to
questions, challenges, and criticisms on the list (including from me).

I disagree with other candidates' reluctance to participate on the list is
justified.  Other candidates and already elected officials should follow
RT's example.  The exchange for asking for trust and responsibility for
serving as an elected official should be accessibility and accountability
which can be demonstrated by willingness to direct respond to citizen
concerns, even if expressed in an antagonistic or unfair manner.  The
time-honored saying "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" is
always on point.  If the posting is unfair or inaccurate, the candidate
should be eager for the opportunity to clear up misinformation or confusion,
and set the record straight.

I do not think it is unfair to infer that many candidates' and elected
officials' unwillingness to engage their constituents is based on fear of
exposing their inconsistent positions.

Jordan Kushner
Ward 8