Remember: our rules allow pointed disagreement, but require respectful discussion.
--

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

United Auto Workers Endorses Candidacy of Mayor Sharon Sayles Belton

Minneapolis, MN (Sept. 21, 2001) – The Minnesota State United Auto Workers
(UAW) Community Action Program (CAP) today endorsed the re-election of
Minneapolis Mayor Sharon Sayles Belton.
Dan St. Clair, UAW CAP chair, said that the committee interviewed both
candidates and choose to endorse Sayles Belton.  “Sharon stands for the
working men and women of Minneapolis, and has a strong track record with
solid results,” said St. Clair.  He added that Sayles Belton gave an
inspired presentation and has a clear plan for the future of Minneapolis.
“We believe she is the future of the city,” he added.
United Auto Workers has a membership of  5,000 to 6,000.

Randy Schubring
Sayles Belton Campaign