Carol said: "As to MPEA for example, it is clear why MPEA
did not endorse the Mayor.  They had a dispute with the City
over whether federal law allows for exempt employees (i.e.
salaried) to be treated like hourly employees and earn
overtime or comp time."

That's portraying a group of professionals as pretty two
dimensional, don't you think? Perhaps you say obvious
because it made a splash, but perhaps MPEA and others are
endorsing Rybak because of less splashy things such as the
bloated increase in spending in the city coordinators
office, the massive internal services debt, the lack of
living wages in development deals, the loss of the AAA bond
rating, the lack of attention to basic services, loss of
support at the state legislature from an incompetent city
lobbying group, financial weakness in one of the greatest
economic expansions of our time, and the overly glossy image
of the mayor's record. I don't speak for Rybak or MPEA, but
all of these things would compromise their jobs and the
people who work for them as well as the health of the city
they so dearly work for.  Maybe they are not as two
dimensional as you think.

Russell W. Peterson
Saint Michael