One Correction to my last post.  In describing the background of the
community movement that led to the city council forming a Civilian
Review Authority, I stated,
> "The "straw that broke
> the camel's back" was the police shooting in the back Tycel Nelson, a 17
> years old and unarmed.

This was incorrect.  The shooting of Tycel Nelson occurred afterward.
The actual "straw that broke the camel's back" was the police killing of
Lloyd Smalley and Lillian Wiese, an elderly couple who were living in a
unit of a building that was a suspected crack house.  The notorious Mike
Sauro ordered officers to throw a flash-bang grenade before raiding the
building.  It exploded and killed this elderly couple in their sleep.

Jordan Kushner
Ward 8