--- Dana Bacon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's a small but important "what happened to my tax
> bill?" item to keep in mind.
>
> Last year's tax bill included a plan to gradually
> phase out the limited-market-value mechanism between
> 2001-2006.
<snip>
> I know it will not lead to more equitable taxation in
> Minneapolis and elsewhere, regardless of how it is
> defined.

[TB]  Your implication is that phasing out the limited market value
limits isn't equatable.  Seems to me that taxing some property at
market value, but not other isn't equitable.

Please explain why it will not lead to more equitable taxation in
Minneapolis.  Am I correct in reading that you expect it to be less
equitable?  Why will it be?

Terrell Brown
Loring Park

=====