i can't believe i'm about to defend the mpls police
force (they haven't done me many favors) but here
goes:

to all the people who want the police to be nicer and
friendly and more huggable, i suggest you talk instead
to the crackheads and rapists.  enforcing the law is
dangerous and dirty.

i'll be the first to say i am starting to get a little
nervous about our "homeland security" efforts and some
of the civil rights issues that have come up around
the war, but quit asking the police to smile more, its
naive.

and plowing the streets... i can't believe people are
complaining about having their cars towed.  what do
they want, a city worker to knock on their door and
ask permission to plow the street in front of their
apartment?

its too bad some people feel the providing of city
services (law enforcement, snow plowing, etc.) is an
inconvienence to them, but i think it is a small price
to pay.

mark wilde
windom park