Now this is just based on seeing the information and pictures in the STrib but:

I tend to like the proposal for the Guthrie.  (I also think the Weisman is
a great addition to a rather boring campus.

An "industrial" looking building does not have to look industrial. I think
this one works.  It seems to work just like the Duluth Aquarium--the
Aquarium fits great into the working waterfront of Duluth--bright colored
metal siding, visible structure.  The overlook could be great.

I do have some concerns:

The shops/parking building needs to be not just a typical concrete
structure--it needs some of the "attitude" of the Theater building.

I'm concerned about the cost of the overlook--that is not going to be a low
cost addition to the building. I just hope it doesn't cause cost cutting on
the theaters and back-stage areas.