> Mark Wilde wrote:
>

> The events which give rise to the notion that the police are trigger
> happy is the procedures police are trained to follow when confronted
> with a person who is waving a weapon or behaving in a way that is
> inexplicable to them. The Chief says they followed procedure, that the
> incident was "textbook." Therein lies the problem.

Indeed. The textbook  sounds rather suspect. More importantly, we'd like to
know where in the textbook it says 15 bullets are required to immobilize a
street schizophrenic. Shall we look in the index, perhaps under "Overkill?"

Wouldn't a single bullet to the leg have been sufficient?

Chris Beckwith
Ward 6