I meant to send this to the list last night, but clicked the wrong button - too much work, too little sleep!!!

Well, here goes!

Please know, one and all, that I am on the agenda at tomorrow evening's Kingfield Neighborhood Association Board to present information to a project tentatively called the Twin cities Sustainable Transportation Co-op.

I encourage all who just want to spend a few minutes learning about this to stop by MLK, JR Park and listen in.

We pay handsomely to destroy our health, and that of our children and grandchildren.  We pay a huge price to destroy neighborhoods and our lakes an streams with car-culture. There are also global "eco-terrorist" implications to our car culture.

After we pay to do the damage, we pay again in terms of rising health care costs and neighborhood traffic and environmental ameliorative efforts.  We try to undo so much damage.

The meeting is open, I believe.  It is a Kingfield thing, with a Kingfield agenda.  However, listening neighborsare welcome, I am sure. The issue is certainly metro-wide.

I believe that we can reduce transportation costs dramatically, reduce adverse health impacts on urban citizens, reduce health care costs by a stunning amount.  We can improve neighborhood business environments, engender diverse and creative micro-eco-enterprises, and reduce the strain of overcongestrion on our main highways and freeways.

I believe that we can achieve all of this while saving money in our city's budget as well.  We can save the entire Metro area huge sums of money simply by establishing a network of sustainable transportation co-ops, based in neighborhoods throughout the metro area.

As a KFNAB member, I understand our meetings to be open to the public, but focused clearly on the KFNAB agenda, and inviting especially input from KFN folks. So, we all will observe protocol and decorum respecting the board's agenda and such - as do all neighborhood boards, I think. Even so, if you have a few minutes to listen in, I would be encouraged greatly by your presence.  I think I've got about 15 minutes...guessing between 7:15ish or 7:30ish or so...

(Am I in trouble, David?  I didn't clear this invitation...heh, heh....gulp!)

Also, please feel free to e-mail me on- or -off list to continue online discussion of this vital, central topic.

Thanks so much!

Gary S. Hoover
Kingfield
Ward 10