<<Voting for the power were Council Members Paul Zerby, Natalie Johnson Lee,
Dan Niziolek, Joe Biernat, Dean Zimmermann and Schiff.>>

Thanks to these councilmembers who are pushing for better police
accountability. I'm very appreciative of steps the police department has
taken to train officers how to better handle situations involving the
mentally ill, and to explore methods of non-lethal force, and I'm glad to see
that these are being used and having a positive affect. But sadly, the best
deterrent to senseless killings by the police will be the understanding that
there will be consequences for these acts.

I hope the Council, as representatives of the people of Minneapolis, will
revisit this proposal and give it their full support.

-- Holle Brian
Bancroft