From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
sue
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 6:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mpls] replace the chief

instance after instance, we have seen the police department abuse their
power.  instead of protecting and serving, they go after people who may
be gathered peacefully (ie the incident with the bicycle riders), and in
this latest instance at the U, club and mace people who were innocent
bystanders.  i think we all remember the protest at the genetics
conference last year, when people photographing the events were beaten
and had their cameras taken away.  and who do we have to thank for this
but our wonderful police chief, robert olson.  i encourage all of you to
contact your council member, the mayor, etc.  and get this clown tossed
out on his ear.  clearly, he and minneapolis's finest have no clue as
how to build trust between the people of the community and those in his
department.

sue ahachich
ward 3