CONTEST TIME
------------------------
This is tough.  I can't correct the papers.  Some one at city public works can be the final judge.  Special apologies to the East Siders. Who share no alphabet with the rest of the city.

No cheating.

Who can name the person, place or thing that each Alphabet street is named after.
Starting with

Aldrich- Congressman Aldrich, very fondly remembered by the men of the 1st Minnesota Infantry. Read Moe's                 book.
Baker- Civil War General Killed Early

Colfax- Civil War era elected official.

Dupont- Not sure, general or munitions manufacturer.

Emerson- Poet or General

Fremont- General Fremont and almost President

Girard

Humboldt

Irving-

James

Knox- 1st Secretary of Treasury?

Logan- Civil War General

Morgan- There was a southern general Morgan, doubt if he was immortalized by us in lake city

Newton- Civil War General

Oliver

Penn-  1st Gov of the Keystone State?

Queen-

Russell- Civil War General

Sheridan- Civil War General

Thomas- Civil War General

Upton- Civil War General

Vincent- Civil War Colonel immortalized in "Killer Angels"

Washburn- flour and general

Xerxes- Gotta be the Persian king who lost it all to the Greeks

York- Got me, county in England

Zenith- Greek Goddess

Craig Miller