Typical of downtown planners: You've got a perfectly serviceable facility
(tractor pulls, college baseball, prep football, NCAA basketball, etc.)
that's paid for and turning a profit, so let's just tear it down and build
something new. What's the point besides making the construction industry
happy?
Craig Cox
Hiawatha

on 6/14/02 7:26 AM, Gregory Luce at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This in the Strib this morning:
>
> Replace Metrodome with a park? Planners ponder possibilities
> http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3019503.html
>
> Now, this seems rife for talk.  Some of planning proposals being revealed
> today:
>
> If the Metrodome were razed, planners suggest replacing the superblock with
> mid-rise housing (roughly five to 13 stories) ringing an oval park.
>
> Nine to 10 blocks should be added to the office core near Washington and
> Portland avenues to accommodate future office growth.
>
> Gregory Luce
> Project 504/Minneapolis (North Phillips)

----------------------------------
Craig Cox
Executive Editor
Utne Reader/Utne Reader Online
1624 Harmon Place
Minneapolis, MN 55403
phone: 612/338-5040 (ext. 319)
fax: 612/338-6043
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

SUBSCRIBE NOW.  CLICK HERE:  http://www.utne.com/subscribe/
Get our FREE Utne Web Watch: The Best of the Alternative Web
www.utne.com/webwatch