Dear List,

Once again, I must turn to the all-helpful List  for any advice you are
willing to offer me!  Cafe Bicko on 45th and France has applied to change
its liquor license from wine and beer to On Sale Liquor, Class C-1 with
Sunday Sales : a C-1 license permits live amplified entertainment by five
or fewer musicians.  A residential area is directly east of Bicko... I live
at 4538 Ewing (i now understand "not in my back yard" in a new way).  Due
to a change regarding who decides adequate number of parking spots or some
such technicality, they can now apply for this type of license whereas they
were not able to before.  (not sure about the details) Currently, parking
already spills into the residential area.  A neighbor brought me a copy of
the Notice of Public Hearing (I did not recieve one until today).  The
Public Hearing is already next Wednesday.

My neighbors are trying to organize to make our concerns heard.  (their are
already neighborhood complaints and issues with them at their current
license)  I do not want to infringe on Bicko's right to go through this
process and want to be fair.  Regardless of our opinions, I just want to
know from anyone willing to share or has any knowledge on something like
this, (email off list) are my neighbors and I doing all we can to be heard?

We are: going to try to get as many people to show up at the meeting as is
possible with short notice ( we must spread the word ourselves since not
many homes recieved the mailing), circulating a petition in the
neighborhood, calling our council member, calling the Inspector and
gathering written responses to the Notice.  I am new to this and am doing
the best I can to figure out the process!

Thank you for reading,
Kris Musser
Linden Hills