James E Jacobsen said in his reply:

- The police cut outs idea is funny but I'll bet it would bring some percentage of
crime reduction.  The cut out would suggest that the real thing is nearby. -

It may be funny, but like stop signs, everyone would have a tendency to ignore them,
steal them or deface them...

I think that maybe there should be some way to give officers a very big break for
living in the area that they work in... although some officers that i've talked with
would rather not do that because they don't want to see the person that they arrested
the day before walking down the street when they go to the local grocery store...

Russell Sasaoka
Coon Rapids
(Formally of Loring Park)
Working in Minneapolis