---- Begin Included Message ----

Before cm Lee's comments came out, I was thinking the samething...what
a shame two people are dead. Responsibility does count, a life is a
life. A cop's life is not worth more than anyone else's, contrary to
popular belief.

Robert Yorga
new3
_______________________________________

If that is the case that a cop's life is not worth more than anyone else's, then why
should someone put their life on the line for someone that doesn't care?  Same with a
firefighter?

I believe that the reason more and more people are not selecting to go into law
enforcement is the lack of appreciation, the lack of support and the salary.  With
less officers you increase the level of stress and also increase the unnessary use of
excessive force.

Let me put it this way, would you try to stop drug dealers from selling drugs, make
traffic stops because someone was speeding, go to a domestic call and try to resolve
it, investigate a murder, escort drunks to a detox center? or would you rather have a
cop do it because they are paid to take risk that you wouldn't?

If that is the case, then I do say that a cop's life is worth more than the average
citizen but not to the point of letting a citizen die for them.  Same goes for a
firefighter.

Russell Sasaoka
Coon Rapids
(Formerly of Loring Park)