Carl Pohlad, Minnesota's Richest Man, must be licking his chops now.  With
the Twins in the playoffs, he may feel that he is closer than ever to
securing public money to build himself a new stadium.  He will be able to
increase the value of the franchize by hundreds of millions of dollars, and
then walk away with the profits!

If you feel that it is appalling that we would even consider a $300 million
corporate welfare giveaway to Minnesota's Richest Man, then you have an
opportunity to do something about it this weekend.  Remember, even a shift
of one vote on the Hennepin County Board could derail this scheme!

Ed Felien, the Green/Labor endorsed candidate for Hennepin County
Commissioner, kicks off the general election campaign with phone banks this
weekend.

WHEN:  Saturday, September 21, 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.; and  Sunday,
September 22 from 1:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.

WHERE:   Mode Transportation, 3032 Minnehaha Avenue South.  Just south of
Lake Street, across from the Resources of the Americas.

Join us as we get the word out to voters about the major issues in this
campaign, like McLaughlin's continuing support for $300 million of corporate
welfare for the richest man in Minnesota.  We will be educating voters about
Ed's progressive agenda, and ensuring that the public knows there are
significant differences in priorities between the two candidates!

Ed wants to bring a set of new priorities to the Hennepin County Board.  He
supports more responsive social services, a clean environment, property tax
fairness, and campaign finance reform.

Please drop by Mode during any of the above hours.  Even a hour of your time
can make a critical difference!

For more information, please call Gene Martinez at 612-387-4474.

Gene Martinez
Minnehaha, Ward 12