> Dyna Sluyter writes:
>
>       I know that several well qualified candidates from the
> Nordeast are entering this race.
>
>       please step aside...

[TB]  The suggestion that a person should not seek a council seat
because they live in a certain neighborhood is frightening.  What other
neighborhoods should we exclude?  Kingfield? East Isles?  Marcy Holmes?

This will be an election for all of the 3rd ward.  The candidate with
the best organization to get voters to the polls will likely be the
winner.  If the last special election with its 1500-some voters is any
indication, less than 1,000 people will vote for the person who takes
this seat.

As for representation of the North side, can you say 4th ward? 5th ward?

There is no reason for a qualified, even an unqualified candidate, to
defer their candidacy solely because they don't live within someone's
chosen neighborhood.

Terrell Brown
Loring Park
Terrell at terrellbrown dot org