Having started doorknocking in late November is very odd. When I mention
that Shane is running for office and is determined, many here in St.
Anthony west are positive about that prospect. But more than likely they
are a bit perplexed, that just when the days grow long and cold and
windy, that this isn't quite right. We shouldn't be doing this, this is
foreign. We should be preparing for holiday cheer and family and so
forth. We've already had our election this year.  What could be so
counter to this, is like a never ending war, is an ever ending election
without politics...... not only has Joe made his bed, but we the
grassroots have the choice of campaigning....in near zero
conditions.....I think here we go again, like falling from my bike, here
we go.....
I wonder how patient people will be around the holidays, today,
thanksgiving, I am not canvassing. But this weekend......

I wonder why Valdis would run as an Independent, with all the republican
tide, maybe he could surf all the way to fifth street.
Or is it that he knows that ne isn't populated with Reagan
democrats.....My only two cents is that this should be a good, positive,
joyful, campaign. May the best woman or man win.

Robert Yorga
St. Anthony West
Third Ward- "A river runs through it."