--- "V.L. Freeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (VF) Because 2 people were at a "Ground Zero"
> "melee", this makes them good
> candidates for CM?

{sm}
As stated by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

If I lived in the third ward in one of the
neighborhoods that is being torn up by the crime
problems, I would want someone who at least had clue
as to what is was like to live with these problems on
a daily basis.

The reason I bring up the melee is because Don Samuels
was in the paper on a daily basis: toy designer,
involved citizen, neighborhood activist. The fact that
he's running tells me he wants to be an activist for
the entire 3d district. It will be important for
candidates to show how they can "reach across the
river."

This certainly seems to be a rancorous race, more so
than the council races in Folwell. Is this normal? An
aberration? If an aberration, what makes this race
different?

Susan Maricle
Bruno MN