Quoting Dean Zimmermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Does no one find it odd that this is the same Mr. Stafford who
> served as campaign manager for the DFL loser in the race for the 6th Ward
> council seat? The same Mr. Stafford who, right after leaving the adjourned
> Redistricting Commission meeting on 4/12/02, was overheard to say: "Now I
> got that Dean Zimmermann good!"]

As I recall, this was the same Rick Stafford who, out of friendship, agreed
to allow Mr. Zimmerman to speak at the 6th Ward DFL Convention to give a
farewell speech even though he had left the DFL Party and was running against
whoever would be endorsed. The agreement was that Mr. Zimmerman would not turn
it into a campaign event.

And this was the same Mr. Zimmerman who then launched into a Green Party
campaign speech and floor demonstration, proceeding to further disrupt that
convention by parading with tape over his mouth when the delegates to that DFL
event objected.

Based on my sense of Mr. Zimmerman's past statements over the years, I
would think he would be enthusiastic about more election opportunities.
"Power to the People!"

David Finke
Central Neighborhood