I have been in Texas a lot and I know that not only are the
Latinos -in Austin and other towns- a big part of the populace from a long
ways back but they all get along awfully well with whatever Germans or other
'Anglos' -and have, since the Texans took it away from the Mexicans -shortly
after the Battle of the Alamo- and which pleased the Mexican people there
and they  keep on coming out of Mexico to live and work there and elsewhere
in the USA.  I was told once by a Mexican girl that in Mexico people get
elected to public office and then they build big mansions outside of town
with all the money they get.
          There are lots of police and all other public servants -to include
in politics- that are Latino -Henry B. Gonzalez was for example-
          In Rio Grande Valley, they have big bill boards saying; 'Welcome
Winter Texans' meaning northern Anglos.  The Latinos are 95% of the populous
and -I am sure- of the government representatives- and they all get along
well.
          The idea that some white political hacks have been conspiring in
Texas cities to keep the Latinos out sounds like misinformation to me.
          I heard once that even Lady Bird Johnson was some Latino.
         James Jacobsen  //  Whittier

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.