Not living in the Third World yet---but who knows? If Tim Pawlenty and Patty Awada have their way, our city could be like the Third World sooner than we'd think. I understand their agenda. I get their hostility. But it all seems so destructive and pointless. It takes only a few years to tear our city down........and years and years to build it back up. And by then Tim and Patty will be long gone from the scene.

From: Vicky Heller's original post:
It's time to face facts guys, and the music.

NO ONE IS GOING TO BAIL US OUT!

And why should they?  Minneapolis spent a billion dollars of money we
didn't have on stuff we didn't need.  It's that simple.

Here are our choices at this point:

1.  Raise taxes until everyone moves out of town.

2.  Reduce services until everyone moves out of town.

3.  Stop paying some of the municipal bondholders (who don't pay taxes
anyway.)  Stockholders have lost over $7 trillion.  Now it's the
bondholders turn to lose.

Our debts are up to $2.2 billion including interest according to the City's
12/31/2001 financial reports.

How do I spell relief?  D-E-F-A-U-L-T

SO WHAT if we get a black eye from the credit rating agencies.  They are
going to downgrade us anyway.  And, if they had done their job - we
wouldn't be in this pickle (I think we should sue them for breach of
fiduciary duty.)  Besides, it's going to take us several years to pay off
our LEGITIMATE debts - so we won't need to borrow in the near term anyway.

Think about it.

Vicky Heller
Cedar-Riverside and North Oaks

	Lynnell Mickelsen
	4233 Linden Hills Blvd
	Minneapolis, MN  55410-1607
	612-920-2076
	[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.