Bill Cullen said:

"We don't get either program in the burbs.  I pay for my spring cleaning
annually."

My reply:

Here we have what is the essence of the problem with Minnesota politics
right now.  It's the attitude "If we don't need it in the burbs, then nobody
needs it."  Until we get back to some kind of acceptance that we've got
different needs (and living in the burbs doesn't make you a rugged
individualist) and that we've all got to stick together to support those
needs, then our society is just going to get more and more sick.  When that
time comes, as it surely must with politics divided the way it is, then
living in the central cities or the burbs will both be harrowing
experiences.

Steve Cross
Prospect Park

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.