At 9:20 PM -0500 6/24/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Robert D. Smith:
Message: 13
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:10:27 -0500
From: Jay Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Minneapolis Issues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Mpls] Minnehaha Ticketing and Parking Permits

Robert D. Smith asked me to forward this message to the Minneapolis
Issues List

[...]I got ticketed at Mhaha
recently and everything you say about this new policy is dead on.  There
was no way for me to buy a ticket and the closest free parking was way
the heck far away and we had a bunch of stuff to haul for a picnic.

[...]I am left with no
other alternative but to buy a $27 ticket for my two or three trips to
Minnehaha a year ($9 a park) or quit coming.

There's a lot of free parking at Minnehaha, all along Minnehaha Ave. south of the traffic circle. You can park on the street or in one of the lots down a little ways. If you want to picnic closer to the paid parking area, go there, drop off your stuff, and then move your car to one of the free spots.

I can understand not liking the new Parking Permit set-up. I don't like it myself. But a little attention and cleverness will keep you from having to pay for the permit.

Karen Cooper, dodging parking tickets from Tangletown

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
2. If you don't like what's being discussed here, don't complain - change the subject
(Mpls-specific, of course.)