Steve:

In a past life, I made my living for several years as a professional hunter/trapper (treeing and or trapping roughly 2,500 raccoons among other animals) and can tell you w/o exception that playing a radio won't deter raccoons.  They will grow accustomed to it and if they're hungry, they will continue to fish in your neighbors pond.  They'r extremely intelligent animals and figure things out fairly quickly.  They'll probably come to enjoy the music while they're fishing as they become accustomed to it.

Live trapping, or some other equally offensive strategy, such as dogs, are the only thing that will definitely deter them

Dennis Plante

Jordan