I think this post typifies the delicate balance of
discussing race. If you don't talk about it, you're
sweeping it under a rug. If you do talk about it, the
suggestion is to take it offlist. Given my record of
postings, I don't think Ms. Hoberg or anyone else can
accuse me of being a venting white person. What I was
doing was responding to someone else's experience, and
suggested a way to respond without escalating the
situation.
However, the discussion of race is sputtering to a
another halt for now, it will inevitably begin at
another time, so I'll leave it to rest for now.
Susan Maricle
formerly of Folwell
Bruno MN