I've been quietly following this thread and thinking about Dyna's dilemma. I don't know your personal business, Dyna, and I don't need to. But I do wonder if there aren't programs in which young folks or others provide house upkeep work for folks who have health problems as you've indicated that you have. Wasn't there something in the news about a woman on the northside who organized her neighborhood youth into such a service so that they would be gainfully employed for the summer? Maybe if you bought the paint, one of these services would send over a few folks to paint your trim for a reasonable price. You've indicated you need other work done but that's the thing you're under the gun for right now, right?

Just the thoughts of a (possibly ignorant) person who is too poor to own a home.

Michelle Gross
Bryn Mawr