David Shove says:  I think ALL the Mpls cops should be required to live
in Mpls as a condition of employment by Mpls. If they want to live in
Edina, let them cop in Edina.  Why pay to be colonized by absentee-living
cops? No residence, no job.

Peter Schmitz responds:  I agree, but as long as cops are allowed to
reside in the suburbs, part of their job training should require that
they spend three months working in local schools, nursing homes, food
banks, day care centers, parks, community mental health programs, health
care clinics, et cetera so that they learn not all urban dwellers are
criminals.------------Peter Schmitz   CARAG

"What used to be called liberal is now called radical; what used to be
called radical is now called insane.  What used to be called reactionary
is now called moderate, and what used to be called insane is now called
solid conservative thinking."------Tony Kushner, from "American Things",
an essay he wrote in the last decade/century